5 Servings (1 1/3 cup each)
- 1 lb. ground lean turkey
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chilies in adobo sauce (These very spicy chilies can be found in cans in the Mexican section of your grocery store.)
- 2 – 14.5 ounce cans diced tomatoes with mild chilies
- 1/4 cup orange juice, plus 2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1 – 15 ounce can black beans, undrained
- Fresh chopped cilantro (for garnish)
- Spray a large non-stick saute pan with olive oil spray, cook onions, garlic, and turkey over medium heat for approximately 8-10 minutes.
- Stir in chilies, tomatoes, orange juice and rind.
- Stir in beans.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes. (Chili can be made ahead and reheated.) Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.