Eat the Yolks Folks!
Don Schlenbecker CSCS, NSCA-CPT, FMS, Co-Owner, Peak Performance Training
There has always been a lot of discussion regarding eggs and their nutritional value, especially when it comes to the yolks. Well, I’m here to tell you that a lot of the good stuff is actually in the yolk.
Here are the facts:
- No research has ever shown that people who eat more eggs have more heart attacks!!!
- Dietary cholesterol has minimal impact on serum cholesterol (the kind your doctor measures).
- Eggs contain all nine essential amino acids and are one of the best sources of choline, which is a nutrient that is essential for cardiovascular and brain function.
- Eggs contain lecithin which actually helps prevent the accumulation of cholesterol and fat in the liver.
- Eggs, like fish and blueberries, are BRAIN food!
- Eggs may protect against breast cancer, as a recent study showed that eating 6 eggs per week vs. two eggs per week lowered risk of breast cancer by 44%.
- The high sulfur content of eggs promotes healthy hair and nails.
*Please note that how you cook your eggs can play a role in their vitamin/nutrient makeup. The less the cholesterol gets oxidized the better, so boiling or poaching is a great way to minimize oxidation.
Or, you can pull a Rocky and just drink em down!!!