- 1 (5 inch) piece ginger, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 8 medium garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds grass-fed flank steak
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine all ingredients except steak and mix thoroughly. Add steak and turn to thoroughly coat. Close bag and allow to marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes. (If you are making ahead, place in refrigerator. Can be marinated up to 24 hours in refrigerator.)
Once steak has marinated, remove from refrigerator and bring to room temperature for at least 15 minutes. Prepare grill, or heat a lightly oiled grill pan to medium-high heat. When grill or pan is heated, remove steak from marinade, shake off excess, add to grill or pan and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side for medium rare.
Transfer to a cutting board, season with additional salt and freshly ground black pepper and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes. Slice thinly across the grain and serve.