- 2 mahi mahi fillets
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 1 leaf of lettuce
- Put mahi mahi in a resealable plastic bag with 1/4 cup lemon juice and a dash of salt and pepper. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine mango, avocado, tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, and cayenne pepper, and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Bring grill to medium-high heat. Remove mahi mahi from the plastic bag. Brush grill with coconut oil to keep fish from sticking. Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until slightly opaque in the center. Allow to cool.
- Place mahi mahi in lettuce and top with Mango Avocado Salsa.
Recipe courtesy – Abel James