- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 – 16 ounce package frozen pearl onions
- 4 to 8 ounces crimini mushrooms, diced
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds stew meat
- 3-5 medium red potatoes, washed and cut into chunks
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 – 14.5 ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 – 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1-3 green onions, sliced, for garnish
- Place the carrots, onions, mushrooms, cabbage, potatoes, and garlic on the bottom of a slow cooker. Add the stew meat along with the salt and pepper. Then add the tomatoes and tomato sauce and mix it all together.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Ladle into bowls and garnish with the sliced green onion.